Cleaning solutions can make pressure washing even more effective. Find out the correct techniques for using your Briggs & Stratton pressure washer’s cleaning solution injection system.
0:29 – Choosing a Cleaning Solution for Your Pressure Washer
1:08 – Diluting a Concentrated Cleaning Solution
1:25 – Adding Cleaning Solution to Your Pressure Washer
2:00 – Cleaning with a Pressure Washer
2:36 – Rinsing with a Pressure Washer
A pressure washer alone can typically clean most surfaces. However, there are times when stubborn stains or a heavy build up of dirt and mold might need the help of a cleaning detergent.
Most pressure washers will contain a cleaning solution injection system, with some having on board detergent storage tanks for added convenience.
When looking for cleaning solutions to use with your pressure washer, keep these tips in mind.
1. Whichever cleaning solution you choose, make sure it’s designed for use in a pressure washer.
2. Check the label, which will indicate if it can be used. If it does not say it, don’t use it.
3. Never use bleach or bleach based products, as that can lead to damage your pressure washer’s pump.
Cleaning solutions will either be ready to use, which can be used right out of the container, or a concentrated solution, which will need to be diluted with by water. See 1:08 in the video for this process.
Once you have your cleaning solution ready, follow these steps:
1. Make sure your cleaning solution injection tube is securely attached to the pump.
2. Insert the other end into the cleaning solution.
3. If your pressure washer has an on board storage tank, make sure the shut off valve is turn to the on position.
4. Pressure washers will then only siphon cleaning solution when in low pressure mode.
Low pressure soap nozzles must be used. A rotating scrub brush attachment can be helpful when cleaning.
Remember, when cleaning vertical surfaces, clean from the bottom up to avoid streaking. Cleaning solutions typically will need to dwell for 5-10 minutes before rinsing.
Once ready to rinse, switch to a high pressure valve appropriate to your project. And if you used a cleaning solution on board storage tank, make sure to turn the shutoff valve to the off position.
Flush any remaining solution from the system before rinsing. When rinsing, do so from the top down to reduce the risk of streaking.
Learn more about siphoning detergent with this Briggs & Stratton FAQ:
Discover the best ways to remove grime with a pressure washer here:
Head to our website for more yard ideas on how improve your cleaning needs or follow us on social media:
Briggs & Stratton: https://www.briggsandstratton.com/
Subscribe to Briggs & Stratton Youtube Channel: https://bit.ly/2spW6qd or check-out more videos like this one on our channel https://www.youtube.com/c/briggsandstratton